View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #12
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
If I tell you that the back door and vault of the bank are unlocked, and that the security system is down, I didn't make you a bank robber. I have simply given you an opportunity to reveal your character. You might call the police and warn them. Or you might take advantage of the opportunity to rob the bank and get away with it. Or at least you would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for that little catch you didn't notice.

The witches give Macbeth the opportunity to reveal his character. He didn't have to kill the king. The witches open a door for him, but he was the one who chose to step through that door. Tragedy would be so much shorter if the protagonist simply said "No, thank you," and walked on. But I don't know if many people would want to watch that play.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote