View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 12:39 AM   #4
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Yes, that very much seems to be his intention. Do some googling, and you will find that Dan Bloom is very, very fond of Dan Bloom and Dan Bloom's opinions, and writes quite a few blog entries and articles about Dan Bloom praising Dan Bloom. For example, I came up with this one, about Dan Bloom, by Dan Bloom, copyright Dan Bloom.

http://www.bikechina.com/ct-dan.php

I believe that we will continue to see floods of messages from Dan Bloom about Dan Bloom until he either gets kicked off (please?) or his meds kick in.
Darn. Why didn't I think of that?

Actually, I found the interview with Dr. Anne to be interesting. It occurred to me that we already have a word for reading on an ebook reading device, although there is a miniscule potential for confusion with an actual product name.

Should it actually become the new word, it won't bother me (in case my caring one way or the other matters to anyone. Guess I should create a eGeezer copy-written article about eGeezer on eGeezer's webpage to lend it some authenticity).

Anyway, because the product itself was named for the process it promotes, if someone feels it really necessary to differentiate between reading a pbook and reading an ebook, it is simply the difference between reading and ereading. Simple, already on the charts, and wasn't forced upon anyone or orchestrated as a contrivance.

I still don't think we need a new word, but "ereading" at least doesn't trigger my personal gag reflex.

I guess we would then have to differentiate between e-reading and p-reading, but I fear that might lead to a confusing interpretation that p-reading has something to do with reading in the bathroom (water closet, rest room, wash room -- depending on your culture)

Last edited by eGeezer; 10-31-2009 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Cuz I never get all the words right the first time
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote