View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #8
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelysarcasm View Post
edit: I fixed my problem by opening the known_hosts file and deleting everything listed, then saving it. Thanks for the help geekmaster, good luck magnetik.
Except your problem will return again and again (if using mulitple kindles with that same IP address).

Although generally recognized as UNSAFE, here is how I fixed that little problem on my host PC:

user@mint745 ~/.ssh $ cat config
Host 192.168.15.*
IdentityFile ~/.ssh/keypair1-openssh
IdentityFile ~/.ssh/keypair2-openssh
User root
StrictHostKeyChecking no
UserKnownHostsFile /dev/null <== notice this line here!
user@mint745 ~/.ssh $

By redirecting to /dev/null, the file contents will stay deleted.

Don't do this at home, folks!

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-14-2012 at 07:21 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote