View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #101
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Stumbled across this:
Code:
Modifying:  e:\_tempf~1\calibre_0.8.6_tmp_m8saka\calibre_0.8.6_f6jxn1_modify_epub\128.epub
	Looking for files to remove: [u'.DS_Store', u'thumbs.db']
	  Found file to remove: OPS/Thumbs.db
	  Manifest item removed: Thumbs.db (x_9780061757068_88)
Magyk - ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 71, in process_book
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 139, in _process_book
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 256, in _remove_files_if_exist
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.container", line 129, in delete_from_manifest
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.container", line 175, in delete_from_toc
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'xpath'

I'll second (third?) Idolse's comment on body & @page margins.
I've been just living with the annoying margins (it hardly seems worth hand fixing a thriller I'm going to read in a matter of hours & discard) but the xpgt removal is so easy and delightful now I want to fix the rest
And they're almost all as Idolse described. I suppose arguably Calibre's 5pt margins in the text block are 'book level' margins too, but they don't bother me (and are easy to control at conversion time)

Quote:
A preference to add back an @page css margin of the user's specification could also be useful, as it seems like the best practice from the epub sub-forums (and Calibre's default) is to use @page to specify margins across the book.
I think Calibre uses @page for top/bottom but .text class for right/left ....

Oh, I just realized this can get annoyingly messy... while the retail epubs I've been reading have one @page in the style sheet, Calibre puts an @page in each html block ...

Last edited by capnm; 06-18-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: afterthoughts ...
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote