View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #3
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
I would think that an ipad might be a bit big and heavy for reading on a commute (although some people do). The Kindle is small and light. And a quarter of the price. So, if she just wants a reader, mainly for the commute, I think that the Kindle is an excellent choice.

The DX is not yet available in the UK, although you can get it from the US, but I would wait and see what they do with updates to that to bring it in line with the 6" models.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote