View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 09:33 AM   #12
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
the Bookeen reader will likely be very open with a lively development community, as the Baen group (a bunch of science fiction fans) is getting a batch of them as a group, and I think they will be willing and able to develop and port many applications to the unit. The Baen group is getting theirs with the ability to read many common formats natively -- I think they're using FBReader, which would handle fb2 files, though I'm not sure.
It isn't clear how open the Cybook will be, but Bookeen is supporting multiple formats and NAEB has expressed a desire for FBReader support (which won't be in the initial software suite). FB2 isn't currently on Bookeen's list of supported formats though.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote