View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 12:25 PM   #5
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Hey Taylor,

How does the story compare with Diamond Age? I have to admit to you, I wasn't as impressed with that as most people are. I feel like it was something that I would have went ooh and ahh over when I was 15 because I knew the scientific/technological references and would have patted myself on the back for it. I definitely will give Neal props for originality on alot of applications of technologies in the book, but some of it felt very forced. Some of it (such as the drummers) also felt like it was really trying to appeal to the young male demographic at the cost of the story. I'll pm you a point on this as to avoid a spoiler.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote