View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkeXMix View Post
Hey thanks for the info, but I do not think the media queries method will work with eBooks because the file size will be to big if I need to have two copies of the same image in different resolutions.
Probably true. It just depends on how badly the artifacts on certain readers annoy you.

On the other hand, now that I think about it, you should probably start with a different EPUB doc for Kindle anyway, because if the file sizes are too big, kindlegen recompresses the images with a lower quality setting. So regrettably, the answer on Kindle is probably "ship the low-res version".

Last edited by dgatwood; 01-24-2013 at 11:12 PM.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote