View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat_Lux View Post
Background: Between my various devices, I have about twenty different ebook readers. I also have ebooks in at least 15 different file formats. Too many formats and too many readers, to be able to comfortably read anything.

I'd like to have, at most, four different ebook readers, and everything in one of four file formats. (PDF, ePub, Mobi, DAISY.)

In looking at the file structure of the various eBook readers, it seemed that copying the ebooks to a folder that Calibre can access, would work. However, for the books I tried that with, not only was all of the associated metadata lost, but also author/title information. Calibre literally named the books c2, c2(2), etc.

Question:
Is there a simple way to get the book/title, and other associated metadata into Calibre, or am I going to have to transcribe it all by hand?

Amber
Each device driver has the ability to have its own template (send to device template is an overall template).
Metadata on the device is what the format-device allows.
Read up on templates (if you go to Preferences: Send to device: there is basics and a link to more info.

Your naming problem is probably caused by something that got messed up.
the default is usually {authors}-{title}
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote