View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #8
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
rootfs is an ext2 filesystem, maybe you can't see it because windows doesn't recognize it? just a guess though... try under an ubuntu livecd...
Indeed I could see and access it under Ubuntu:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle 3 Recovery Menu via ALT+ENTER key On Ubuntu DSC02431.JPG
Views:	1360
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	73511

Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
... You need an ext2 compatible OS to see the filesystem exported by Alt+E.
Silly me, I thought that ALT+E Export meant dumping the file system somewhere (such as when using dd) when it instead just makes it visible to the ext3 compatible OS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
... Pressing "U" will only update the kernel if it finds it in the .bin package.
Ahh, good to know. I just hope that using "U" in the future will give me write access to the vfat file system (partition 4) so I can copy my .bin file on it.

Thanks to you both.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote