View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 11:00 AM   #4
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryandlaurie
- an application for surfing the web (maybe that will happen now that Irex has opened the Iliad for user programs)
Well... The build of Minimo stalls quite easily... There was talk of porting Dillo, but I'm not sure how serious that is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryandlaurie
- WPA encryption for WLAN. This is a beef I have with quite a few of the current consumer devices. I would have bought a Nintendo DS Lite months ago if it would not mean that my WLAN router had to be configured to use unacceptable WEP encryption
Strange way of choosing a games console...! I can appreciate a business being concerned over wep, but I would've thought gaming wasn't quite so serious...!

Probably better off getting a small laptop than an Illiad. Surfing at the moment is creaky and a bit slow (due to refresh rate, etc). Irex may resolve the problems tomorrow or may be next year. Best to buy the Iliad based on what it can do now (its a handy display device to replace paper) rather than what it can't.
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote