View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #43
xor_
Zealot
xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by z1984z View Post
You can help me to modify a KoboRoot.tgz to install dropbear and start custom scripts?
Sure. The attached KoboRoot.tgz sets the Kobo to run a custom script /mnt/onboard/run.sh at startup, and sets the root password to "banana". (You have to unzip it first, for some reason the board software complained when I tried to attach it directly.)

The attached dropbear.zip should be unpacked in /mnt/onboard

Then I put the line

/mnt/onboard/dropbear/dropbear -r /mnt/onboard/dropbear/kobokey

into my /mnt/onboard/run.sh script. This starts dropbear at startup. I guess you could also start it from the plugin instead.

Once you have it up and running, you could/should probably change the keyfile
/mnt/onboard/dropbear/kobokey

and change the root password.

Hope that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dropbear.zip (474.8 KB, 446 views)
File Type: zip koboroot.zip (2.0 KB, 470 views)
xor_ is offline   Reply With Quote