View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #383
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
As for why this came in reply to your post? Because in your reply to my post you said you disagreed with a point (and a distinction: fans vs. regular consumers) I was never making in the first place! So my reply to you was an attempt to clear that up and repeat the point I was really trying to make.
When I said "this" I was referring to post #367 where you brought up Android fans for some reason, not post #371 where you are repeating the same point.

In post #362 you said that "this is what happens to "sheeple"". In post #363 expressed my disagreement with the idea that fans are the ones getting conned, making this an implied distinction fans vs. regular consumers. So I don't understand why, when replying to me in post #367 you would bring up the susceptibility of Android fans to getting conned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Trying to wring the most amount of money possible out of Apple before the contract expires in 2014, when Apple will switch to a different supplier, as they have already done with screens.
You are forgetting why Apple was using Samsung for screens to begin with:
Quote:
August 10, 2011
According to sources disclosing information to tech industry site DigiTimes, Apple has moved orders of iPad 2 displays from LG Display to Samsung and Chimei Innolux after quality issues with LG Display units caused shipping delays.
And the reasons why at the beginning of the year it was believed that Samsung would make the screens for the new iPad:
Quote:
Mar 14, 2012
“The display specifications on the new iPad are very demanding in terms of the very high resolution,” Jakhanwal said in an e-mail. “Achieving this high resolution without compromising on the power consumption and brightness and maintaining Apple’s quality standards are supposedly proving to be a challenge for LG Display and Sharp.”
Apple didn't use Samsung displays because they got them at the best price, they used them when they couldn't rely on another supplier for quality. If this is the reason for using Samsung processors, then they will continue to use them for as long as Samsung makes the best processors for tablets. Anyway, they have more than enough profit margin to cover the increase in price.