View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #30
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
Publishers (not only for books, but games and movies as well) need to realise that their goal should not be to stop people from "pirating" their work, it's to get people to buy it. And those two are only superficially related.
I think the relationship is in the price. If people think they could easily get the book for free, they will feel like suckers to pay more than a low price.

I don't know about games and movies, but it seems to me that the effect of piracy in music has been for the price of recordings to, after inflation, go down while the prices of live performances increase. The live performance options for authors are limited.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 08-18-2012 at 06:02 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote