View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
I will disagree, however, with the line "Since students just throw away the books after their course, then why purchase them, right?" Nearly everyone I associated with re-sold their books to recoup some of the money they spent on them. I sold some of mine and kept some others (since they were fun/useful/a great bludgeoning tool). I don't know anyone who just threw their books away.
They wouldn't be throwing them away if the textbooks were necessary for the courses (the ones I bought weren't) or they could get some resale value (which would require the manufacturers to stop publishing a new edition every semester).

Amazon's renting of textbooks is only going to annoy the textbook publishers, and probably hasten the move toward self-destructing e-textbooks.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote