View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
Warlocks
Warlocks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
2 Monitors & Widescreen Full Page

Hey Y'All;

Concern #1:
Until I upgraded from Version 8.42 to 8.46 My Calibre books opened in full widescreen on my 48" Sony T.V. (Monitor 2 on my ATI Display Manager - Monitor 1 is my 22" Dell monitor). But, now my books open on my Desktop Monitor 1 in about 1/4 screen. So, I now have to move the4 window and click the full screen box to get my books how I want them to display.

What is my solution to this monitor display issue?? Am I going to run into it every time I upgrade my version of Calibre - I believe Version 8.50 is now ready.

Concern #2:
When I open the eBooks up as I like them on my T.V. I tried to use the Fullscreen Toggle button on the left hand side of the screen between the Table of Contents and Previous Page Toggle Buttons. The Page does a very quick cycle of formats but always ends up on (and stays on) a thin strip of lines from the book that only covers about 1/3 of the screen. The borders & buttons are gone but I actually have much less words on the screen. One image of the quick cycle the screen goes through before ending as I described is one with no borders and the printed words covering the entire widescreen of the Television.

I know many video programs use the Esc key to toggle on & off fullscreen displays. I use my 8 button mouse to change pages back and forth & use the wheel as a toggle by pressing in and out or left and right.

Is there a setting for a Toggle On & Off widescreen look without borders & buttons?

Concern #3:
One other minor concern that occurred with my upgrade to version 8.46 was with the main logon screen. I now have a new column to the left of the book numbers and Titles. In this column is a list of items that includes Authors, Languages, Series, Formats, etc.... Clicking on the Avatar highlights in a god-awful pea green books that it covers. I NEVER use This column so I drag everything over on top of it after I turn off the highlighting. But, it is there the next time I log on to Calibre.

How do I toggle off this column?

Warlocks

Last edited by Warlocks; 05-04-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: forgot something
Warlocks is offline   Reply With Quote