View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #8
anarcHy
anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook gen 3, Opus
So, I have been looking around and I think I have a cunning plan !!!!!!, well until you guys spot a large hole in it.

firstly do the upgrade to get my cybook to read epub off the bookeen website

then

If I wash the drm off my locked mobi files by using mobidrm, then I can put them all into calibre, so then i can transfer them to epub and read on my cybook, and any new books I can buy in epub from my normal suppliers just use calibre as my transfer to reader program rather than mobipocket.

Then as I think in the UK we are going to be taken over by the amazon for buying ebooks, when my cybook dies and I can no longer stick it together with electrical tape, and I buy a kindle I will be able to use calibre again to transfer epubs to awz? kindle files.

Is this right idea? and if so how do I identify easily which of my current mobi files are drm locked as my libary is quite large and I cant remember which one are?

oooo me brain hurts with all this techno stuff
anarcHy is offline   Reply With Quote