View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Quote:
1. free epubs from project gutenberg downloaded onto reader using calibre.
Click on the Kobo drive beside your library in Calibre, and it should show you a list of the books on your device. You can select them there and just press the delete key.

You can also just browse to the Kobo drive using your computer, and manually delete the epub files yourself. (it appears in My Computer just like a thumb drive)

Quote:
2. epubs from a public library downloaded onto ereader using adobe digital editions. these epubs should disappear from my laptop after their loan period, not sure how to delete them from the ereader.
You should be able to manually delete them through ADE, not sure if ADE will delete them automatically from the Kobo, or just give you an access denied message after the loan period... I always strip the DRM.

I think you might also be able to delete ADE books using Calibre. I know the developer mentioned he updated the Kobo driver to list ADE books, but don't know if it can only list them, or delete them too.

Last edited by Stinger; 05-30-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote