Thread: MobileRead Discussion: Three Men in a Boat
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 03:10 PM   #8
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I've lost track of how many times I've read this book, or how many copies I've given away. It always makes me laugh out loud, or at least snicker to myself, and my favorite bits are JKJ's observations on human nature. I used to have a somewhat hypochondriac friend who I used to tell regularly that she didn't have housemaid's knee.

The last friend I gave a copy ended up reading most of it out loud to her husband, albeit unintentionally. "Honey, listen to this!"

It does rather fizzle out at the end, but all in all, it's at the top of my 'funniest books of all time' list.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote