View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #57
fulltimer
Enthusiast
fulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: K2, K3(3G-WIFI), Fire
My son in law was a seller on Amazon and he was selling collections of shareware software.

He had all the permissions to bundle the shareware from the holders of the copyrights as long as he did not alter them in any way and he advertised them as such.

He was doing a really good business and was making quite a lot of money.

Being a workoholic he would bring his laptop to our house whenever he and our daughter brought the grandkids over. Sometimes he would log in on from my computer to check for questions or orders or just maintenance on his account.

Someone complained to Amazon that he was selling pirated software and his account was immediately closed.

The next time I tried to log in to my Amazon account I found it closed as well and received the email from Amazon just like the one the OP posted.

There is some way Amazon can track the IP address or the CPU code from the computer a person logs in from and it seems will cancel the accounts of anyone they can associate with it.

This happened about 6 or 7 years ago but they are probably still doing the same thing and just doesn't tell how they determine whose account they decide to close.

My wife had her own Amazon account and that is the one we use to make purchases today.

Neither she nor I ever had a seller account and we have never returned any products to them.

The bottom line is be very careful of who you allow to access your WIFI or use your computer.

Last edited by fulltimer; 02-20-2012 at 12:02 PM.