Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #701
svaggly
svaggly began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ok so I've got two unidentified books,

the first is about two girls, one girl in modern times whose parents are archaeologists and discover the skeletons of these "missing link" neanderthals, the other pov which runs parallel is from one of these "missing link" neanderthals who is also a little girl, and its super cool how their communication is described (because they don't have spoken language or anything)

the other im still not sure even exists, it might be a novel or a short story or a movie or maybe i just dreamed the whole thing!

But basically, its about this teen girl who is (maybe?) and orphan and lives in this huge manor house thing with an estranged male relative who is really mysterious and generally regarded as a horrible person, I think its kind of hinted that he is a vampire, or people think he is (and in fact he isnt?) but the girl has some weird beauty and the beaast connection with him, but she isnt allowed to leave the house, but her parents deaths are really weird and she wants to investigate them and i think she finds out she has a grandmother alive still maybe. anyway i think there is some hint of romance between the evil guy and her, and its definately set sometime post 40s because they have cars. I know it ssounds kinda like dark shadows/beautiful creatures but its a lot less overt with the fantasy elements, theyre kinda more abstract.

WOULD SO APPRECIATE IF ANYONE RECOGNISES THESE!
svaggly is offline   Reply With Quote