Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 07:09 PM   #693
Chris Jones
Addict
Chris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five words

Device: none
Lost in caves... creepy story..

I'm looking for the title & author of a short story where the hero loses his way while visiting some caves and works himself into a state of panic and despair because he can picture himself dying of hunger in those caves. Presumably he was staying at a hotel or such and didn't tell anyone where he was going. The guy must have been mentally unstable to begin with.. because after walking for hours and hours in those caves looking for an exit, he eventually sees the light at the end of a gallery.. So he runs towards the exit, but then as he sees the light becoming larger and larger he has some kind of a hallucination and starts to think that it is in fact a large rock or translucent fireball rushing at him down the gallery. And so he turns around and runs back into the caves trying to get away from the huge rock that he thinks is going to crush him.

I might be wrong about that but I have a vague feeling I read it in one of the romance languages, possibly French.. (?)

Any ideas..?

Last edited by Chris Jones; 10-01-2013 at 06:34 PM. Reason: typos...
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote