View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #45
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Oh my! I'd hate to move to far away just for a job only to find out the job's not going to work out At least Scotland is nice Good luck finding a PhD position.
Well, the move here was because my wife got a good job. My plan was to commute to Coventry at least until the end of the academic year, but it is probably for the best that it didn't work out - if only because I haven't had to travel in the bad weather. The PhD is quite exciting - I might get my doctorate in time to use it before I have to retire!

Quote:
Sounds like lots of room for improvement
I'm sure it will get there eventually. There are plans to build one of the Victoria and Albert museum outreach places here, which might get some tourists from Edinburgh - not that I want to live in a tourist town. However, looking at the levels of deprivation, something is needed.

Quote:
Yep it's been snowy and icey and freeeeezing. But we're used to irregular weather so no huge problems or anything. And I like freezing so it's been fun
Yep, me too - I don't like warm weather, and I'm much happier when it is below 10 degrees outside.

Quote:
Yes indeed. Because love is giving each other gadgets.
Not here - one-off days out and pointless rubbish are the way to say "I love you", apparently.

Quote:
Yes 2.4.0 is quite nice and I agree with David, better than 2.3.1. There are some bugs, but not everyone experiences them and I actually haven't seen any, apart from the Sudoku and chess tantrums.
I didn't even know there is a chess program!

Quote:
My clogs are wearing down though, I need to make a new pair.
Surely that's what Mr_Often should be doing!

[/QUOTE]But the main threads at the moment are about battery issues during sleep mode in some of the newer devices. So far, in some Glo's and in newer model Touches, but only for some people. Threads started out here and here and a few others which have now merged into here.[/QUOTE]

I'll have a look. As I said earlier, I don't have a problem with battery life, but it is useful to know. It also puts into context your comments about not wanting to plug in your Glo because it would mess up your test. I'm surprised you forgot about the SD card option, though ...

Quote:
BE CAREFUL! You might end up only fiddling. I honestly cannot remember the last time I actually sat down to have a good old reading session. It's all about testing and messing about nowadays. Sigh.
I know - it is always a temptation to do something practical when I have time on my hands. So far this week I've upgraded one computer to Windows 7, serviced the car, tidied my study (at last!), and now I'm running out of jobs. The laptop will probably get the Win7 treatment next week, and then I suppose I'll have to tackle the garden. Oh, and I've been learning Android too - lots of fiddling to do there! However,the KT will end up becoming toy not friend again soon - I can tell!!
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote