Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 12:27 PM   #984
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Happy new year!

Here's a gift for all those Paperwhite owners who have been waiting for it: the patch to change the reader margins.

This is a standalone patch again. Simply download the attached file and copy it to the opt/jbpatch directory on the Paperwhite, then restart the Kindle framework - the fastest way is to use the "System" tab of the JBPatch UI.

Note that there are quite a few settings that you can tweak, and it's up to you to find the configuration that you like. Just remember that you have to restart the framework before you see the effect of changed settings, and also remember to read and understand the documentation before complaining that it doesn't work - it does work if you do it correctly. Finally, you can use the files from this post to verify the effect of tweaked settings for PDF documents - you can ignore much of the instructions there (they refer to an outdated version of JBPatch). Simply look at the files with the default settings, and with smaller margins, and you should see a clear difference.

ixtab
Awesome works great. The simple framework restart out of JBPatch system tab did not want to work for me. I put the jar file on the PW, and did the framework restart out of JBPatch. After my PW would crash every time I open a book and hit the aA menu. I disabled USE_ALT_FONTS, restarted framework again from JBPatch, and crash again. I used a restart from menu-settings, menu-restart and then it worked for me. It still had USE_ALT_FONTS disabled and no problems. I enabled it again and it still worked.

So it is possible that it was merely user-error, or that in some cases the framework restart does not work for every one.

The PW forgets to apply the margin when you open a book up. Even if it was closed with the changed margins. Every time I open a book, I have to open the aA menu, change the margin to a different setting, and back to where I want it for it to show correctly. Is that by design like that?

I like the smaller margins (my magic number is 15).

DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote