View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 08:59 AM   #1
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
DigiReads - Ebook Version of Older Works

CRussel has already posted about DigiRead's issuing Angela Thirkell's classic Barsetshire series as Kindle ebooks. (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=142343).

I contacted DigiReads to thank them for this, and suggest some other authors I would like to see re-issued as ebooks (they welcome suggestions), and got this response:
Quote:
Thank you for your appreciative message, and Digireads will indeed be publishing all the Barsetshire novels over the next few months. We've also looked at Barbara Pym and digital rights to most of her novels are not available, though we are talking to her agent about those that are free.

The Rue Morgue Press is great but we're not sure how many people would know of or be interested in the "minor" crime writers they have - while digital rights to the well-known ones have already gone.

It's very good to have feedback from knowledgeable readers like yourself, so please spread the word!

All good wishes

Peter Buckman
Digireads
I think MobileRead has many enthusiastic readers of "Golden Age" mysteries, whose publishing rights are now held by Rue Morgue (which does NOT support ebook publication). So I encourage you to contact Digireads to suggest authors for them to consider publishing. And, if you are a fan of authors now published solely by Rue Morgue and other publishers that do not offer ebook versions, I encourage you to let them know there is an audience eager to read these older, lesser known authors.
Their email address: publisher@digireads.co.uk
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote