View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 09:22 PM   #29
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
@ Dennis & Nate: Am not trying to pick a fight, but have you seen the new Blackberry's? They are not much larger than a Razr, though maybe with bigger thighs. Even so, a number of regular phones re being loaded with additional applications, like GPS, streaming music. I really believe that most cellphones will evolve be convergent with PDA's.
I can see your point. My Treo 755 is a bit chunky, but I like a sturdy girl who can get work done. My phone has made my job much easier on a number of occasions.
Yes, I've seen them. Same fundamental problem for me: I want a bigger screen.

My current PDA was procured when my old Tungsten E was in the process of dying. My specs for a replacement were simple: faster processor, more RAM, larger screen. Especially larger screen. The TE had a 125mhz CPU, 32MB or RAM, and a 320x320 screen. The Zodiac has a 200mhz CPU, 128MB or RAM, and a 320x480 screen.

If I could get something in the form factor of the ASUS eee that did the same things my PDA does, I'd happily switch. Bigger screen, and real keyboard. But it would be way too big to use as a phone.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote