View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #9
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Unhappy Woof !

Thanks Jennifer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifer.ezread View Post
If not, then we can move on to Stage 2, which is send it in!
That description makes sense well enough - but that is clearly not the same as what I've been seeing in this reader.
(I've had & used this long enough for it to be conditioned, calibrated and to hold a decent charge; I am very, very good & careful with my reader...)

Here's the score:
Charged as full as it will go (12-14 hours !) and used for a total of around 230 page turns because this was a slow week for reading, for me - and down to one bar.
Nasty !

Now....am I ready to do without a reader and send it away for repair ?
No way.

Unless you folks send out 'loaners' - I cannot afford a second reader right now, and could 'float' a CC charge for a cross-ship, but I am a religiously daily reader (with no TV) and the dead-tree books are all packed away nice and tight and safe for the apocalypse if/when it comes.

I will say that I am very, very disappointed that this does not yield even CLOSE to the claimed 8000 (or whatever ?) page turns per charge for this device and wonder if it is a lousy charge circuit/board - or a crummy (though brand new ?) battery...

I had very high hopes that this would FAR exceed the quality of the JB, but now it looks to me as if ALL sellers WAY exaggerate their battery claims.

Best Wishes.

mark
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote