View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 08:45 PM   #10
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
But the people who are keeping up with tech sites are the ones who give recommendations to the non-technical about what to buy. Doesn't take much for word of mouth to spread about Kim Jong-Jobs and his evil ways. Tides can turn a lot quicker than we think.
We'll see.

Most people buy gadgets from marketing hype, playing around with display models, playing with friend's iPadsetc.

And most talk of iPads from owners is very positive. My girlfriend loves hers--hell I like it a lot. I just don't like many of Apple's policies. And when we've had it in public people have asked a ton of questions etc., and we've both been pretty positive in answering them.

So most of the comments the casual crowd is going to get from owners is going to be positive, and the average person is more likely to hear that than to talk to a tech head. I'm not much of a tech head myself, and none of my friends are really either. So I'm not convinced that crowd has much impact on sales of mass market items like this.

So I think you overestimate the impact of the tech heads on sales. Just look at the crazy sales of the iPhones--tech heads complaints about it and Apple's policies (which are the same as for the iPad) didn't slow it's sales or have people rushing to by Android phones etc.

Last edited by dmaul1114; 04-15-2010 at 08:56 PM.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote