View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #5
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Network attached (e-book) storage, M$-Windows style.

An ideal gift for the person who has more e-books than can be held in the little 3Gbyte of user space on the Kindle. Just mount that tetra-byte disk drive of your Win-Lappy.

That is, if any Kindle owners happen to have a Windows box somewhere.
Oh, wait, Linux+SMB module can also be a "Windows Network Share".
I suspect that MacOSx has something for joining in a "Windows Network Share" also.
you would suspect correctly. It's been a while since I did all this sort of thing but it was eminently doable then and it still is today : ) I didnt update the docs link yet. just let me get that.

https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/S...onnectingToSMB
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote