View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #24
tom e
tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.

Device: none
I have never bought an e-reader yet, but have been watching closely. I was REALLY in the market for the STR, but then decided I wanted to wait for and check out two things: the iRiver Story HD, and the new Kindle. The reason for these, is that if nobody is putting simple apps on an e-ink device, then my decision comes down to epubs. I wasn't holding out much hope that Amazon would allow epubs, but I did kind of suspect that they would let you access their own app store for some simple things (calendar, calculators, simple notes making etc). Since they didn't, it's back to epubs! I guess the Story HD will be easier for the free epubs that I want, but the STR has the potential to be rooted and therefore I can get some apps (though with no guarantees and I'm on my own).. I've decided I'm tired of waiting for the perfect device, the STR seems to be the best for my needs, I'll be buying next month!
tom e is offline   Reply With Quote