View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 05:46 AM   #29
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsegoddess View Post
Actually, I've experienced this problem (just tonight, in fact) and I have Windows 7.

Furthermore, I've noticed that I get this "Error Communicating With Device" message after synching--this has happened each time I've synched (both with my Touch and now my Aura).

Any thoughts? Do I have a setting wrong somewhere? I know I have the latest version of Calibre--I always update immediately when a new version has been released.
I've been having this problem for some time. I believe it is related to some form of inconsistency in Kobo's database as I have, with a lot of prodding, managed to replicate the problem without Calibre being involved. The cure, usually, has been to "vacuum" the Kobo's sqlite database using a suitable tool.

It often seems to be triggered if I use Calibre to delete a book from my Glo or when I have managed to get a mismatch between metadata - for instance when I have changed the spelling of an Author's name. Things normally go o.k if I just add books but updating ones there or deleting them can show up the problem.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote