View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 07:28 AM   #27
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
I brought the glo to work to experiment with the pcs from the office to see if the problem appeared, I use caliber portable in a usb drive and tried it in 4 different computers, all of them with XP but all with different hardware and I got the error in every one of them.

To overcome the issue what I’ doing now is preparing the books in caliber using my PC which has xp, sending them to the glo with the option to send metadata to the device set on “manual management” that even though generates the error it does so after having transferred the books to the glo. Then when I can I borrow my brother laptop that has windows vista, I change the option to send metadata to the device to “automatic management” and connect my glo, this way all the metadata are updated.

It’s not ideal specially because I have to depend on the availability of a borough laptop but for now it works, maybe my experience can help someone in similar circumstances.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote