View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 08:44 AM   #8
Orochi
Connoisseur
Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo, Ipod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
Not to rain on your parade, but I think it's a stupid idea. I might be interested in your book (which is what this all about, right?) and download it to take a look, but I won't be watching some site to see whether you've flicked the switch yet. Make it a full day, or a few hours at the very least (and preferably not on the weekend), and announce the window well in advance. Just my €0.02.
I have to agree - maybe some people will go have a look, but these 1 hour STUNTS irk me, to the point that I will not go look at any of the authors work at all, money or no money.

A one day free, weekend free, coupon discount, or something along these lines, might intice me to have a look even after the promo is over, and even possibly purchase that book and/or others from the author. Even a couple of good reviews are more likely to get me to have a look, but one hour!? PLEASE, that's like cutting me off on the road, just to get my attention. I'm too polite, but for most people the only reaction your likely to get, is the finger.

And, no I won't go look at Ed Odell's books either, for the same reason.

Last edited by Orochi; 05-28-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote