View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 04:11 AM   #1
ppe
ppe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx gw
Kindle DX global packaging + signatures

Hi,

My kindle dx global arrived today and I've been browsing this board and associated blogs since then. Its unfortunate that the documentation is scattered like this.

Anyways, I managed to get the usbnet package working. The DX global has a new deviceCode '05', so maybe jyavenard can release a new packager that uses kver=5 in case of DX global.

Can somebody pls explain to me (or better yet, document somewhere) the use of signatures on the kindle? I saw the --ex option and from examples in this forum I assume I have to use it. But I didn't really find anything on what it actually does and the packager README is not very clear at this point. Looking at the code, it appears it adds some kindle RSA key back into a keychain.

I also read that I have to remove the custom updates to appy an amazon update. But these updates all appear to be incremental, so most of the time this should not be technically necessary? Whats the issue here and how can it be fixed? How about using a more elaborate packaging system like ipkg.
ppe is offline   Reply With Quote