View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 01:09 AM   #9
sigrosenblum
sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle and Mobipocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
After reading this http://www.enduserblog.com/2009/03/2...ainstream.html by Will Wheaton I got to wondering about also offering the upcoming release of The Song of Insects in pbook format.

There are still a lot of people who buy pbooks and don't want, or have the knowledge and equipment to utilise digital books. Readers, however slight they end up being, that I wouldn't want to exclude because of my own leanings toward digital.

So, the questions to my esteemed fellow writers and readers are these:

1. Have you gone the POD route and what do you think of it?

2. Do you plan on going POD at any time or are you happy with Digital only distribution?

3. If you have gone the POD route, what do you recommend? So far I'm investigating Wordclay, Lulu and Amazon's own offering. Any experiences, good or bad, with these services?
I have three books in digital form--Kindle and Mobipocket. Kindle sales are good. But I can't crack the code for MP. I have decided not to go POD--or any other form of physical book. But my reasons may not be the usual ones.

I am a former publisher (Cobble Hill Press) and am spoiled. I expect to see a physical book that has fine design and is beautifully crafted, inside and out. So far, the POD and other books I have handled are--to put it plainly--junk. And yet many authors don't seem to mind. I am not going to name any specific books here, but even some of the so-called experts release POD books that should make them ashamed.

So I won't be doing anything but e-books--even though that will certainly limit sales.

Last edited by sigrosenblum; 03-30-2009 at 01:12 AM.
sigrosenblum is offline   Reply With Quote