View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #666
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
ApK,

Thanks so much. I'm thousands of miles from her location, and her daughter, who is out there for this week only, bought the Chromebook and is doing the setup. She said the network is wide open now until she can get a cat5 cable and set up the router, and that made me ask the question, just in case the daughter didn't get to set up the router.

There are countless stories about what bad people have done with wide open wireless routers.

Most of the time, the routers/modems can be set up with a USB port as well as an Ethernet port. My first system was that way, and ran for several years until I finally bought an Ethernet card.

Last edited by frahse; 04-11-2014 at 10:51 PM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote