View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #46
K. Molen
Addict
K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 3, Nexus 10, Nexus 5
I know it's not the popular choice with MR members, but I much prefer LibraryThing over GoodReads. I wouldn't necessarily suggest that anyone who has an established GR presence switch over to LT, but if (like OP) you haven't really gotten started I most definitely advice you to check out LibraryThing before making your choice.

I was aware of both options when I decided I wanted some kind of online mechanism for keeping track of my books and finding new things to read. I signed up for GoodReads first because I preferred the visual design of that site to LibraryThing's. After having used GoodReads for a while, I discovered I didn't like the general mechanics of the site, as well as the inability/difficulty to edit book profiles to suit my preference.

I then checked out LibraryThing and it was much more up my alley, and so I never went back to GoodReads.
K. Molen is offline   Reply With Quote