View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #1
Davo21
Davo21 began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Novice's questions about Aldiko and Moon+

This is my very first post here.

I have owned a Sony ereader for a few years and am happy with that save for the fact that organising books into collections is time consuming and there's no way I can see to mark books as "already read".

I just scored a Nexus 7 for my birthday this week and am playing around with a few readers. Aldiko and Moon+ seem to be very popular with Android owners. I've used Calibre on my PC to load books into both these to try them. I like the brightness adjuster in both for night reading.

Both have a lot of versatility but I'm a bit disappointed that:

. Moon+ cannot organise books by author into Collections or separate folders. I have a lot of books and trawling through alphabetically is a bit cumbersome.

. neither of them appear to have the capacity to mark books as read. Like many, I forget what I have read and what I haven't.

Can the more knowledgeable here please let me know if it's simple user error on my part, or suggest a reader that can do these things? I had a look at downloading the Sony software I'm used to but apparently am unable to do so in Australia.

Many thanks.

PS: I read on another thread here that Moon+ has metadata editing properties. I am using Calibre to do that. Can someone please point me to how I access this function on Moon.
Davo21 is offline   Reply With Quote