View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 07:14 AM   #5
verydeepwater
verydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Ipad and Kindle Fire
Quote:
Percentages for things like width or height of an element are relative to the size of the enclosing container. If that enclosing container is not a fixed size, then neither is a percentage of that size. If it is a fixed size, then a percentage of that size should always be the same.[/LIST]

That's helpful, thanks. When I added 'position:absolute' to the body tag in the CSS, I mostly solved the problem. I also understand, you need to add the page size in pixels. In some contexts I have seen the page size added to the body tag and sometimes to a div tag, which is used on each page to set the size. Does it matter which way you do it or is this a difference between epub and mobi versions?

The reason I ask, is that I have completed a fixed layout eBook, with the page dimensions added to the body tag, and with a separate div tag for each page, which I have used to identify and format all the elements on each page. I suppose, I should also add in the CSS width and height to each of these divs, but when I do it doesn't seem to make any difference. I still have the problem that there is a slight variation in the flow of the text, when I transfer the file from my computer to my Kindle Fire.

Last edited by verydeepwater; 02-15-2013 at 07:15 AM. Reason: to make clear
verydeepwater is offline   Reply With Quote