Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #488
ousia
Enthusiast
ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
font issue in reader

I was investigating why kerning and ligatures from FreeSerif (https://www.gnu.org/software/freefont/) didn't work on my Sony PRS-T1 and I come to the conclusion there might be a bug in Adobe Reader Mobile.

I'm afraid that I discovered that the FreeSerif Bold font isn't displayed on the PRS-T1 due to another bug in Adobe Reader Mobile (see attached ePub file).

This is the second bug regarding fonts I have hit with Adobe Reader Mobile. The other one is that Adobe Reader Mobile cannot display which OS/2 table version is set to 4. I reported it to Adobe developers and they acknowledged it.

The issue with those nasty bugs is that there is no way to get a newer release and install it on the PRS-T1, isn't it? One must wait for a new release from Adobe and a new firmware from Sony...

I don't know if these bugs are real features or they are here to stay, but is it the only way to have another ePub reader to root the PRS-T1? Or can't I get rid of those bugs even if I root the device?

Many thanks for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: epub css-freeserif.epub (474.6 KB, 320 views)