View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #34857
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Looking for an internal HDD for my media player. Up until now I've been using 2 USB thumbdrives to ferry backwards and forwards between PC and mediaplayer but it's now time to get a 2TB HDD build in. Using that I can connect the player via USB to my computer and copy files (doesn't work with the thumbdrives).

According to the website of the manufacturer it's best to get a 5400rpm because those are quieter than 7200rpm. However, my local computer store has a Western Digital with variable bitrate, so now I'm wondering if that'll work okay.
I have 2TB drives and now a 3Tb drive. All 7200 rpm. They are just as quiet as my small, older drives. And as they are the new USB3 platform, much faster than the old ones. If your computer isn't set up for USB3, you can get a card for it for about $25 USD.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote