View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGDAVE View Post
Hi, I am new to Calibre, the Kindle, and e-books in general.I have folders with dozens of horror novels or a hundred scifi or cookbooks in them.Do I have to add each Mobi file in these folders manually, or is there some way that I can automatically add all of titles in a folder automatically to my Calibre library, and then my Kindle? And if each title in the folder has different versions of the same title? I.E., Mobi, E-Pub etc?

Thanks, Dave!
Automatic. No (you have to select the folder)

For the most part, Calibre will merge (store) various formats of the same title, together.
See the little arrow on the Add Books Icon, second and third items down (hover and balloon help will appear).
in addition, there is a Preferences:Adding Books: AutoMerge AND options
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote