View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 07:34 PM   #87
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
Amazon isn't standing alone on the DRM issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon View Post
Huh? What other readers can display AZW and TPZ files? Amazon are very much standing alone with their file formats!
And so has Sony. Do you think Sony is going to allow me to replace all the .lrx books I've purchased from them with ePub versions?

Although the Topaz format hasn't been cracked -- or at least no one has bragged about it yet -- there's not even a format shifter for the non-DRM Sony (.lrf) format and it's been out there for YEARS and YEARS. Ever since I joined MobileRead, I've wished for a way to make a *nice* conversion of .lrf files to Mobipocket or ePub. Calibre doesn't support it. The ABC Amber product barely hangs on to the text; forget about the formatting.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote