View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #86
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon View Post
So why have they waited so long?
I'm guessing perhaps... and this is just speculation, that the PC software is much more secure. And when I say secure I mean it secures the ebooks much better. It possible uses the cryto DAPI services of windows to generate and store an encrypt key and RSA security rather than the eminently broken Mobipocket DRM.

That is just supposition. If the PC can decrypt the ebook to display it, then it can be reverse engineered.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote