View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #85
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I am curious about a couple of things:

1 - my PC/laptop/netbook doesn't have 3G connectivity, so I'm going to assume that the "Whispersync" mentioned in the announcement will work over normal Internet connection
2 - does the Kindle app support offline reading as well as online? If so, how will Whispersync know your last page read in a particular book?
3 - I have Whispersync turned off on my Kindle account because we have 5 Kindles -- and 5 readers -- sharing the account. It isn't nice to pick up a book and have it open to the page my sister was on.
4 - Will my PC count as yet-another device on my account? I'd assume so, in which case the PC app will be less valuable to me since we already own 5 real Kindles.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote