Thread: MobileRead 2015 Categories Poll
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #25
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
IMO, I would like the categories names to be fixed (and some sort of idea of what the category means) at the time of the poll. I don't care much about the order of categories. I say we we use post 46 for D; it seemed to be the established list at the time of vote.

I dislike the loosey goosey approach to category determination.
On my phone this morning...

I wasn't sure how to name these categories, I would have liked more succinct names, but didn't know what to use. Hopefully the descriptions, links, and lists in the OP are adequate.

We are using post 46 for item D since that is the one that had most agreement during the discussion, but since I goofed up, we may need to clarify one category afterwards. I was thinking that I could check with everyone who voted for it and see if there is a clear majority one way or the other. Or else we can use Jon's suggestion to replace a different category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
IMO, If Dazrin is fed up with the current poll, that's fine and we can reset. If Dazarin or WTSharpe doesn't want to run a new poll, I volunteer; but I warn you, you may not like what you get.
Not really fed up with the poll, more mad at myself for the mistake I made since I understand Jon's concern about being disenfranchised, but also understand the other side where the list that more people supported had a different category that I originally posted.

Last edited by Dazrin; 08-19-2014 at 11:36 AM. Reason: now on my computer
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote