Thread: MobileRead 2015 Categories Poll
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 05:37 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
You edited after I had started my response earlier, so here are some further comments w/ your edit.

At least one of the other votes for this category was based on using "historical fiction" rather than "not modern fiction" as indicated in the discussion thread. So, either way a vote "has been violated".

When this was first pointed out, I sent a PM to WT Sharpe asking if we can reset the vote and start over since I knew this would be an issue. It doesn't sound like it is possible. If there is a way to reset the voting and add another choice I would be all for that. It sounds like we could re-write a question, but that wouldn't really help either, so since it doesn't sound like we can reset it at this point, I would prefer to keep it as now written which is what had been intended and then have a roll-call or run-off to decide which option option wins.

Like I said, I really hope a different option wins; partly because of my mistake here and not wanting to have to deal with this and partly because I really want to have a chance to get rid of a couple categories that I don't care for.
I have an idea then. If we do replace not modern fiction with historical fiction, maybe we can have classic be 1999 or earlier. Go ahead, and replace not modern fiction and change classic to "classic (1999 or earlier)".

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-18-2014 at 05:40 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote