View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 04:57 AM   #54
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Some one else on another forum said....

Quote:
The 2.0/Mac version has styles. However, the entire point is to not style your text in the editor, but instead use the compiler to format it.
Just a thought for you on this...
It is interesting, if frustrating, to know the Mac version has styles.

Regarding the quote: As you know, the computer needs to be told what you want - which is what styles are all about. My first novel could have been written with nothing more than Chapter, Text and Emphasis styles - in other words, it could have been written in Scrivener without any issue. However...

My second novel contains a small amount of email correspondence. Without the use of styles I would have to find and change each instance if I want to adjust it inside the epub - which is quite likely. That's not so bad, there aren't many of them. But my third novel, and to a lesser extent the second, also contains some "telepathic" dialogue that I wanted to make distinct from normal dialogue. Finding and changing all of these individually in an epub, if I decide it looks better in some other formatting, would be a major PITA. The use of styles allows me to mark all these and leave any final formatting decisions until publication.

Last edited by gmw; 07-17-2013 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Clarification.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote