View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #48
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I'm not sure I'm clear on what you mean here. There are paragraph styles (spacing and indent and font etc. that effect the whole paragraph), and there are character styles (that effect just a span of text). You play with each according to the purpose of the style.

As I understand it, you (like me) tend to write your text with additional paragraph spacing - which, of course, you don't want in the final result. (I believe some people write in double or 1.5 line spacing.) If that is the manipulation you are talking about then it is your choice whether you modify the style in the original source (to remove the paragraph spacing) before export, or whether you modify the style in the CSS in the resulting output (epub or html).

I'm hanging with you on this. The thing is though if I do the italics/emphasis (in the "character" style), then I need to leave that in (otherwise the italics wont' show up in the html, right?), whereas I can make my line spacing whatever by modifying the "normal" style (in the "paragraph" style) and then unmodify it back to the original (single spacing) when I'm done, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post

Okay, and now for the bad news. I've sold you on styles, which means I've also ruined you for Scrivener. Or that's my understanding, I have not yet worked out how to achieve styled text in Scrivener, it doesn't look to be possible (which is a significant disappointment after all the good things I've said and thought about it in the past).
Not worried about Scrivener, G.M.. I just like the blank canvas. Thanks.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote