View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The Kobo devices will do all that. The Glo has the fastest processor, so it should do the fastest searches.

I don't know if you will like the search. It works by selecting a word or entering a word and brings up a list of results with about two lines of the surrounding text. You select a result to display it and can then either return to results list, or skip backwards and forwards through them. Search speed in any of these devices is probably not great. But, as a test I just did a search for "magic" in a 4000+ page epub. It found the nine results in about 30 seconds.

PDF display is OK. They don't do PDF reflow. They do zoom and allow landscape viewing when zoomed. Navigation when zoomed could be better.

Edit: I agree with David Munch when it comes to reading PDFs.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote